Benzema Happy To Be Playing 'Real Football' After CR7 Departure


Karim Benzema would be forgiven for lamenting the loss of Cristiano Ronaldo at Real Madrid, but the striker admits he is happy to be be playing his "real football" as he takes charge of leading the club's attack.

“Before there was a guy who scored more than 50 goals per season and my role was to provide assists,” the striker said. “I played to help Cristiano, we formed a good partnership. I was always looking for him with the intention of helping him to score even more goals."

“Now though, I'm the leader of the attack. It's up to me to make the difference. I'm very happy because now I can play my real football.”

Benzema enjoyed 10 fruitful years alongside one of football's all-time greats, forming an unspoken link with the Portuguese attacker that would help propel the Spanish capital club to two La Liga crowns and four Champions League titles.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mbappe⚡ Brace Powers PSG

Cojones' Celebration Lands Simeone Improper Conduct Charge from UEFA

Former Man Utd Defender To Be New Feyenoord Coach

Chelsea's Kepa Fined a Week's Wages for Substitution Fiasco

Chelsea Appeal to FIFA over Window Transfer Ban