Mourinho Weighs In On the Kepa Situation

Maurizio Sarri has been left in a fragile situation at Chelsea after Kepa Arrizabalaga's act of defiance in their League Cup final defeat against Manchester City, according to Jose Mourinho.


The club's £70 million ($91m) record-breaking signing refused to be substituted for Willy Caballero in extra-time, despite pulling up twice with a physical issue towards the end of the contest.


Mourinho offered his take on the Kepa incident in the wake of the match on DAZN , revealing he has never experienced anything like it as a manager himself.


The former Manchester United and Chelsea coach also admitted he now fears for Sarri's position at Stamford Bridge, as he stated: "Luckily I never had to live through anything like this.


"I think on the one hand the goalkeeper wants to show his personality, his confidence and wants to say 'I'm here, I want to go to penalties and save them, and I am here with the confidence that I will go and do it'. And this is what I like.


"But then I don't really like that he [Kepa] leaves the manager, the coaches and everyone else in a very fragile situation, also including one of his own team-mates who was ready to enter the pitch.


"Eventually we saw how he [Caballero] was thrown into a mess that he wasn't really part of.


"It saddens me because it's a really complicated situation."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mbappe⚡ Brace Powers PSG

Cojones' Celebration Lands Simeone Improper Conduct Charge from UEFA

Former Man Utd Defender To Be New Feyenoord Coach

Chelsea's Kepa Fined a Week's Wages for Substitution Fiasco

Chelsea Appeal to FIFA over Window Transfer Ban