Buffon Reveals Rejecting Man City & Man Utd


Gianluigi Buffon has admitted to snubbing “a very big offer from Manchester City”, having previously turned down their arch-rivals Manchester United during the reign of Sir Alex Ferguson.

The iconic Italian has long held a standing as the finest goalkeeper in world football.

That reputation once made him the costliest custodian of all-time, with Juventusbreaking the bank to lure him away from Serie A rivals Parma in 2001.

The 41-year-old finally left Italy last summer after 17 years with Juve, but has told BT Sport of the interest he has attracted from Manchester: “When I was a boy playing for Parma, Ferguson tracked me closely for two or three years, and he'd always send scouts to watch me.

“At the time, Parma was my world and I didn't feel like leaving.

“I later had a very big offer from Manchester City, when they started to build the team and become the most important side in Europe.

“They wanted me to be the first signing, but I stayed at Juve.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mbappe⚡ Brace Powers PSG

Cojones' Celebration Lands Simeone Improper Conduct Charge from UEFA

Former Man Utd Defender To Be New Feyenoord Coach

Chelsea's Kepa Fined a Week's Wages for Substitution Fiasco

Chelsea Appeal to FIFA over Window Transfer Ban