"Misunderstanding" - Sarri Plays Down Kepa Mutiny❌

Chelsea boss Maurizio Sarri has played down goalkeeper Kepa Arrizabalaga's extraordinary act of defiance in the Carabao Cup final, saying it was a "big misunderstanding".


The Spaniard refused to be substituted in the closing stages of Sunday's game at Wembley, despite twice going down with cramp.


Sarri wanted to bring on substitute goalkeeper Willy Caballero but was left seething when Kepa refused to leave the field.


Sarri appeared in a much more conciliatory mood when asked about the incident by reporters after the game.


"It was a big misunderstanding,’ said Sarri in quotes published on Chelsea's official website. "I understood he had cramp so I didn’t want the goalkeeper to go to penalties in that physical condition.


"I only realised the situation after three or four minutes when the doctor came to the bench. In the meantime I wanted Caballero on the pitch, and the keeper only wanted me to know he was in condition to go to penalties, so it was a big misunderstanding.


"Kepa was right, even if the way he conducted himself was wrong. Mentally he was right, he was able to go to penalties, but I only realised everything when the doctor was able to come to the bench, not before. I was really angry.


"I want to talk with him because he needs to understand that with a misunderstanding we can get in trouble, especially with you (the media).


"So I think I only have to explain the situation to Kepa but without any other problem."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mbappe⚡ Brace Powers PSG

Cojones' Celebration Lands Simeone Improper Conduct Charge from UEFA

Former Man Utd Defender To Be New Feyenoord Coach

Chelsea's Kepa Fined a Week's Wages for Substitution Fiasco

Chelsea Appeal to FIFA over Window Transfer Ban